HP on December the 15th announced that it has won 21 industry awards over the last three months, including prestigious innovation and design awards from the Consumer Electronics Association and iF International Forum Design.
Demonstrating the company’s broad leadership in the digital entertainment market, every product category in HP’s consumer electronics portfolio – digital cameras, PCs, handhelds, displays, printers and digital entertainment products – received recognition during the period.
Consumer Electronics Show honorees include the HP Photosmart R707 Digital Camera, HP LightScribe Direct Disc Labeling Technology and the HP z545-b Digital Entertainment Center.
The iF International Forum Design recognized three PC products from HP, including the HP Pavilion dv1000 Entertainment Notebook PC.
Additionally, Popular Science magazine gave HP three “Best of What’s New” awards in computing, home entertainment and gadgets and it awarded the company the Grand Prize for the HP R707 Digital Camera in photography.
“HP innovation now touches every aspect of today’s consumer digital lifestyle,” said Siobhan O’Connor, vice president of consumer brand and marketing, HP. “With breakthroughs like our Digital Entertainment Center and at-home digital prints for as little as 29 cents, HP is blazing new trails for consumers. We’re honored to be recognized by this distinguished group of organizations.”
HP received several awards for its service, sales and support:
- PC Magazine awarded HP its Readers Choice award for the 13th straight year for outstanding printer service and reliability.
- HP’s online shopping website, www.hpshopping.com, was honored with “Best Computer Retailer Web Site” in the 2004 WebAward competition sponsored by the Web Marketing Association.
- The Service and Support Professionals Association (SSPA) awarded HP its first ever SSPA WebSTAR award, recognizing HP’s global support website for exceptional customer service and technical support.
HP has also been recognized in other countries, garnering more than 30 industry awards worldwide over the same three-month period. Key honors include the coveted EISA (European Image and Sound Association) and DIWA (Digital Imaging Website Association) awards for digital photography products, as well as Gartner’s “Best Digital Home Product” award for HP’s digital projectors, presented during its Europe Fall 2004 event.
U.S. award details
2005 International CES Innovations Design and Engineering Awards – each year the CES Innovations Design and Engineering Awards honors the latest in outstanding design and engineering across a broad range of consumer electronics categories:
- HP z545-b Digital Entertainment Center – Computer Components
- HP f2304 23″ LCD Monitor – Digital Displays
- HP Photosmart R707 Digital Camera – Digital Imaging
- HP Deskjet 6840 Color Inkjet Printer – Digital Imaging
- HP Photosmart 2355 All-in-One Printer – Digital Imaging
- HP Photosmart 2710 All-in-One Printer – Digital Imaging
- HP Officejet 7410 All-in-One Printer – Digital Imaging
- HP xb2000 Notebook Expansion Base – Computer Accessories
- HP Dual TV Tuner – Computer Accessories
Popular Science Best of What’s New 2004 – thousands of new products and innovations are reviewed and the top 100 winners across 12 categories are chosen for inclusion in the annual Best of What’s New issue:
- HP LightScribe Direct Disc Labeling – Computing
- HP Wobulation – Home Entertainment
- HP Photosmart R707 Digital Camera – Grand Award Winner 2004
- HP iPAQ 6315 Pocket PC – Gadgets
iF International Forum Design Award – enhancing appreciation for excellent design, drawing attention to outstanding design achievements and helping users recognize the different nuances in a complex product world, the iF design award honors the latest in design trends:
- Compaq Presario V2000 Notebook PC
- HP Pavilion dv1000 Entertainment Notebook PC
- HP xc2000 Notebook All-in-One Media Cable
Web Marketing Association – judged on seven different criteria, including design, innovation, content, technology, interactivity, navigation and ease of use, the seventh annual WebAward competition recognizes outstanding corporate websites that are judged against Internet standard and peer sites within their industry:
- www.hpshopping.com – “Best Computer Retailer Web Site”
Service and Support Professionals’ Association:
- First ever SSPA WebSTAR award recognizing HP’s global support website for exceptional customer service and technical support
- SSPA High Call Volume STAR award recognizing HP for the excellent quality of its customer support delivered through the call centers
- First company ever to win two STAR awards in the same year from the SSPA
- Printer Service and Reliability award – 13th straight year, November 2004
HP is a technology solutions provider to consumers, businesses and institutions globally. The company’s offerings span IT infrastructure, global services, business and home computing, and imaging and printing. For the four fiscal quarters ended Oct. 31, 2004, HP revenue totaled $79.9 billion. More information about HP (NYSE, Nasdaq: HPQ) is available at www.hp.com.
Â© 2004 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
Produced for HP
Editorial Contact: Pat Kinley, HP +1 858 655 8068
HP Media Hotline:
+1 866 266 7272