Posts
06-13-2005, 03:22 PM   #1

Registered User

 

Join Date: Dec 2004

Posts: 28

Just purchased and installed the Holux 236 BT GPS receiver

Hi all!!

I finally got around to purchasing the GPS unit. Delorme’s unit was on back-order till mid July, so I had to cancel my order and went to a different manufacturer.

I chose the Holux 236 unit, with the new SiRF III chipset. It’s an amazing receiver about the size of a pack of gum. Quick pairing and great signal fix shine with this unit. BT connectivity is wonderful as well. Pics and more info to come tonight after I get home from work. I’m running iGuidance iNavigator software, iPaq 5550, Sandisk 1GB Sd card for maps, and a Seido 25000 windshield mount. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

– Jonathan

 
06-13-2005, 04:00 PM   #2

Registered User

 

Join Date: Jun 2005

Posts: 5

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonathan Chan

Hi all!!

I finally got around to purchasing the GPS unit. Delorme’s unit was on back-order till mid July, so I had to cancel my order and went to a different manufacturer.

I chose the Holux 236 unit, with the new SiRF III chipset. It’s an amazing receiver about the size of a pack of gum. Quick pairing and great signal fix shine with this unit. BT connectivity is wonderful as well. Pics and more info to come tonight after I get home from work. I’m running iGuidance iNavigator software, iPaq 5550, Sandisk 1GB Sd card for maps, and a Seido 25000 windshield mount. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

– Jonathan

I’ve an IPAQ 3715 will it work on my model? If so ,can you get them outside of USA?

 
06-13-2005, 07:22 PM   #3

Registered User

 

Join Date: Dec 2004

Posts: 28

Quote:

Originally Posted by hobnob

I’ve an IPAQ 3715 will it work on my model? If so ,can you get them outside of USA?

I believe it should work with your iPaq 3715 as long as you have bluetooth. Where are you located? Try semsons.com they are actually 45 minutes away from me (here in California) and have international shipping.

– Jonathan

 
06-14-2005, 04:10 PM   #4

Registered User

 

Join Date: Jun 2005

Posts: 5

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonathan Chan

I believe it should work with your iPaq 3715 as long as you have bluetooth. Where are you located? Try semsons.com they are actually 45 minutes away from me (here in California) and have international shipping.

– Jonathan

Thanks, plenty of options on this website. I’m based in uk and was looking to upgrade my ipaq to include gps in the near future

 
06-29-2005, 12:15 PM   #5

Registered User

 

Join Date: May 2005

Posts: 39

Holux Gps

Quote:

Originally Posted by hobnob

Thanks, plenty of options on this website. I’m based in uk and was looking to upgrade my ipaq to include gps in the near future

Anyone in Canada than need HOLUx can contact us through this forum. In the UK you can call the company i will give you a contact and he can tell you who distributes their product in the UK.

[email protected] Tell William that Robert BSD gave you the email.

Fibrolan